Thursday, April 2, 2009

my kitchen will take forever

We're so excited to have more family living close by. The kids and I have been doubling up on school in preparation for our vacation to California. We're excited to go somewhere warm and to see my Mom and Dad and Connie.
So, last week I hopped on the counters and painted that area above the cabinets on the ceiling there were 2 spots I couldn't reach, so I'll have to figure out how to do it. I'm not sure footed at all so that was a big deal for me to walk along the narrow part of the counters. It's going to take me forever to finish all the work around here. It's a good thing that's the one thing I do have. It's given me a chance to figure out what color to paint in that space above the cabinets by the ceiling . I think I will paint it some kind of brown. The backsplash tiles I saw at Home Depot have red yello and brown and they were gorgeous. I still don't like the shade of yellow that Ashley chose. I like my yellow better. That can be painted over eventually if I want, but I think the backsplash in the kitchen will tie it all together, whenever I'm ready. It will probably be after I choose the brown for the kitchen and paint it. Then I have to find accessories to go on my cabinets. I took down the country ones and I'm just keeping a couple of those. It'll be nice when it's done. I still have to finish the kids bathroom downstairs. There's a bunch of wood and stuff that I'm not sure how I'm gonna put it up. The blue in there is way nicer than the grey. Anything is nicer than grey. I'll probably see if I can get the floor tiled when I do the backsplash. I'm not sure if it's possible, with that stamped cement in there. What were they thinking? The crevices get gook and stuff stuck in there. Yuck! I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment