Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring is near.

So, We're not sick anymore. It felt like we woild be sick forever. The kids had ear inections last week or was it 2 weeks ago? Sometimes the weeks and months all seem to meld together.
Harold is back in piano class. Our teacher had knee replacement surgery. She was out for 2 months. My children remembered her in every single prayer that was uttered in our home. They are such good kids even though they fight with each other. I think the close contact has something to do with it. Children that are at school all day in separate classrooms are so much more disconnected from each other. We thought about sending Hannah and Harold to public school next year. But with the way things are going in the world, I think that we are better off not doing that. I thought that it would be great to give Henry and Haley more one on one attention and it would also free me up to finish all my projects around the house and finally have a cleaner house. It sounds kinda selfish and stupid. I think that I'll just keep working on decluttering. The painting will take forever, but so be it!
The snow had melted completely and we had enjoyed some great weather. I even took the kids to the park on Saturday, but it snowed again yesterday. It mostly melted though. The bulbs we planted last fall are starting to emerge. I can't wait to see the flowers in the spring! Hannah says we planted 100. I don't remember. I just know that we wanted to be able to cut some and put them in a vase. We'll plant more this fall again.
I'm looking forward to planting a garden this year. We have chives and strawberries that come back every year and we'll plant more this year but this year we will also plant zucchini , squash and tomatoes. I planted them in containers last year but the only things that grew were the squash. We are also looking into planting corn this year. We have made no money on the alfalfa so if we plant corn we can at least eat a lot of it. We love corn on the cob. I have a friend that gives me a ton of zucchini and I would love to give her corn this year. Plus it would be tons of fun to run through the corn field with the children and play hide and seek. I have to call the neighbor's son about running our property from now on.
Today is Friday and it's our modified school day. We do cooking and science on Fridays. we didn't plan out our cooking project this weeek so we're going to wing it. I think we're making the impossibly easy cheeseburger pie off the bisquick box. It'll be good and fun. Well gotta go do my thing now.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't this time of year just make you want to get to all of those projects? I'll be working until June, but then I have a list of them.

    I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Are you guys coming out for Easter?

    ReplyDelete