Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sister Beck

I just had a wonderful spirirtual experience. On Sunday Night I went with a couple of my friends to a special meeting held for all the Spanish speaking sisters in our area. Sister Allred the first counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency and Sister Beck the President of the relief Society General Presidency spoke to us. Sister Allred's talk was good and very well prepared, but when Sister Beck stood up to speak I felt an instant connection with her. I didn't know that her Father was a mission president in Sao Paolo Brazil while she was a young girl. She spoke Spanish with a Brazilian accent and for some words she used the Portuguese word. I took notes on both their talks. You really can't put it into words the spirit that was there.

The meeting was at the UVU institute building and the counted 1450 women present. we were near the back and it was really neat to look over the audience and see a sea of dark hair and hear the buzz of excitement in spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment